?

Jack,

wow, i hope you are not an instructor. is that how you treat everyone that
has a desire to learn more? who are you to decide what i am asking is
"meaningless" or "gibberish" - i guess you have elected yourself to speak
for everyone. do you go out of your way to try to make everyone feel stupid?

your question "where does light go when it goes out?" is actually a good
question. it is not "gibberish" or "meaningless" like mine are. i am sorry
that i am not as intelligent as you are.

the answer to your question, I THINK, is it goes where it came from. so i
think it is important to try to understand where energy comes from.

but, according to Jack and others on this list, it appears that my thoughts
are "meaningless" "gibberish" "useless" "clueless" - so why are you
responding??

since you are the authority, what does everyone mean when they say "energy"
or "charge" on this list?

for anyone else that read this far, i am sorry for getting everyone so
pissed off. all i was looking for was some answers to some questions WITHOUT
having been made to feel like everything i say is "meaningless" "gibberish"
"useless" or "clueless".

sincerely,
Justin

Well, Justin, the first requisite for a conversation is
a common language.
You have come into a forum where you seem to be
completely ignorant of the
language and have asked to be respectfully heard.
Sorry, but your
postings are coming across as meaningless gibberish.
Perhaps another
example of meaningless gibberish will help you to
understand what I mean:
"Where does the light go when it goes out? Since it
goes out, it must
go someplace else. So please help me figure out where
that someplace else
is. Don't answer me if you don't like my question, just
respect my right
to ask."

If you are serious about wanting to learn, then
you can set
yourself to finding out what <we> mean when we use the
words "energy" and
"charge" (the "<>" indicate emphasis). Then you can
converse with us
using the same meanings, and we will begin to
communicate with each other.

Best wishes,
Jack

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Meredith, Justin wrote:

> hi, my name is Justin. the main reason that i joined
this list is to try to
> find out more about energy. i have had experiences
with ESP, and i think
> learning more about energy and atoms will help me
understand more about
> life, although i am not sure.

The members of the list will probably suggest
readings on the
subject of energy.

> basically, i have this idea that all matter originates
from energy

I know of no way to give meaning to this
statement. What action
does the verb "originate" refer to?

> that is
> why i have been asking questions like "what is an
electron/proton made of?"

Why must they be made of anything? The question
implies a
substructure. The proton is believed to have a
quark-gluon substructure.
There are theories that compose the electron out of more
fundamental
entities. But "energy" is not a meaningful answer when
we run out of
entities unless you have some way of giving it meaning.

> and making statements like "since we don't know what a
charge is made of, it
> is probable that it somehow originates from energy".
>
> we all know that a charge is not energy, but what is a
charge made from?
> what dictates that a charge is "negative" or
"positive"? if you know, please
> enlighten me!
>
> maybe humans don't have the ability to find the
answers to these questions.
> but maybe we do.
>
> i am just trying to see if an atom itself is a
creation or manifestation of
> energy. just because something is not energy, does not
mean that there is no
> possibility that it originated from energy.
>
> i am NOT saying that everything is created from
energy, i am asking all the
> people that know physics (better than me) on this list
if what i am thinking
> is theoretically possible.

Ahhh, you are asking for the voice of authority!
Well, I guess
that I am as authoritative as anyone on the list, so
I'll answer your
question. The answer is, "No." There, that should
settle the matter.

if you choose to respond, i will be very grateful
> for your knowledge. please DON'T respond if you are
going to make

--
Franz Kafka's novels and novella's are so Kafkaesque
that one has to