Re: CO2

Well, let me give a little try at responding to the question of CO2. My
PhD is in biophysics (molecular, with a strong emphasis in biochemistry).
First of all, I do not know of where one could seriously discuss this.

CO2 in solution is carbonic acid. This can make blood acidic, but that is
why our bodies have a buffering systems to control this. CO2 and H2O are
the major products of the metabolism of glucose, the sugar that all
carbohydrates, proteins and fats are changed into in their metabolic
degradation. Thus CO2 is present through the tissues of our bodies so that
worrying about having some extra for a brief time in our stomachs seems
too weird to really comment on.

I hope this helps a bit.

Richard
Dr. Richard L. Bowman BC-MOO: http://www.bridgewater.edu:7000
Chair, Dept. of Physics e-mail: rbowman@bridgewater.edu
(and Dir. of Academic Computing) phone: 540-828-5441
Bridgewater College FAX: 540-828-5479
Bridgewater, VA 22812 http://www.bridgewater.edu/~rbowman/