Re: I Don't Have to Use Windows

Amen.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Tarara" <rtarara@SAINTMARYS.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: I Don't Have to Use Windows

These discussions always degenerate into 'My dad can beat up your dad!'
statements. The bottom line is really that if you are using a system that
you like, that has all the applications you want and need, then stay with
it. Don't tell everyone else 'how smart you are' to be using that system,
or how dumb everyone else is to be using another. I use both Windows and
Mac systems and actually prefer Windows, but understand that others may well
prefer the Mac. I've avoided Linux because the installed base that I'm
trying to serve if MUCH larger for Windows and Mac.

This thread started because of Hugh's deliberately atagonistic and insulting
tag line (which he recently threatened to make worse). Let me suggest that
this is innapropriate to this list--at least without the tag we might have
avoided this round of system bashing. ;-)

Rick