Re: I Don't Have to Use Windows

On 1 Aug 2001, at 23:56, Hugh Haskell wrote:

As for dying out, I just returned from the AAPT Summer meeting in
Rochester, where my informal observation was that about half the
computers I saw there were Macs, including numerous iMacs in the
display area, and Titanium PowerBooks all over the place. It
certainly was the highest fraction of Macs that I have seen at an
AAPT meeting in some time. The large majority of the exhibitors had
both Mac and Windows machines in their booths, and there were several
that had only Macs. About half the computers used in the sessions I
attended were Macs, and most of the ones I saw being used at informal
gatherings in the lobbies were also. This is the first year that I
can recall Macs being so visible at one of these meetings. This
hardly pressages the platform dying out.

Dear Hugh,
I am just trying to get you mad.
Could it not be that some institution which is trying to get rid of
these relics of a bygone age has donated them to AAPT.

regards,
sarma.
But one of these days, I will get around to creating another default
sig. line--preferably one even more offensive to the PC faithful, if
I can find one.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell