Re: Muscle work

On 7/21/01 2:05 PM, "Tucker Hiatt" <hiattu00@USFCA.EDU> wrote:

When I (barely) do a pull-up, my arm and shoulder muscles do plenty
of work. I'd like to understand why the constant-speed "upstroke"
seems harder to perform than the constant-speed "downstroke".

It seems to me that the rate of doing work must be considered here. Does
the upstroke still seem harder than the downstroke if the upstroke and
downstroke are performed at the SAME constant speed?

Gene

* Eugene P. Mosca *
* 301 Constitution Blvd. *
* Kutztown, PA 19530 *