Old Computers

Once again, I came across a bunch of old computers - Mac SE & LE in this
case, plus external 5 1/4 drives, power supplies, etc. Can anyone think of
a good reason to rescue them. It just seems a shame to throw out something
that used to be valuable.

What about...
* stripping magnets from the disc drives?
* digging out power supplies (+/- 5V, +/- 12V) for electronics labs?
* saving stepper motors for other experiments?
* using the printer port for digital signals? (assumes you could easily
program it to turn on any pin as desired)
* salvaging CRT for e/m experiments?

I checked Ebay, and they are luck to get $20 for such computers. If you
have any good uses, let me know. If I get enough ideas, maybe I'll compile
them for a TPT article. Otherwise, I'll just pretend I never the sad old
computers waiting for the garbage man. Reminds me of the old story of
"Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel."

Tim