Re: PERC latest

Hi Jeff,

Eugenia Etkina and I submitted a paper (mailed Tuesday 7/10) for the PER
Conference. We needed to mail it early as I had to be out of town for five
days--just returned this evening. We worked hard to get the paper down to the
2.5" columns but managed. Could we send an alternative version with the 2.75"
columns on Monday 7/16? Eugenia (the first author) is an invited speaker.

Sorry for the trouble but we tried to follow the rules on the web site.

Thanks, Alan Van Heuvelen (and Eugenia Etkina)

Jeff Marx wrote:

Please excuse the cross-posting.

A hearty thanks to all whom informed me of their intent to present a poster
at the PER conference. Currently, 33 people plan to present posters, and 22
of them also plan to submit manuscripts to the PERC proceedings. The list
of poster session contributors is (or will be shortly) linked to the
PERC2001 homepage...

http://piggy.rit.edu/franklin/perc2001.html

A couple of notes...

1. We'll supply the poster boards, which will be standing, double-sided
poster boards that measure 8' x 4'. Everyone will be given a 4' x 4' area.

2. I apologize for errors and confusion regarding the margins of the
manuscripts. The horizontal margins are as follows: 2 columns, each 2.75"
wide, separated by 0.5", which leaves 1.25" margins. (If you assumed 2.5"
wide columns with the accompanying wider margins, no problem.) Nothing else
has changed. Information regarding manuscript format and submission is
linked to the above website.

I am looking forward to the meeting.

Jeff