Re: Blood Pressure

At 13:45 7/10/01 -0400, Donald G Polvani wrote:

After finishing giving blood to the Red Cross (while in a prone position), I
have always been asked to raise the donation arm straight up (while still
lying prone) and hold a piece of gauze over the puncture until all bleeding
has stopped.
/snip/
Donald G. Polvani
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Oceanic and Naval Systems
PO Box 1488, MS 9910
Annapolis, MD 21404

Donald will forgive me for holding out for precision in technical language.
It is considered a torture to raise an arm vertical on a prone figure.
I expect the Red Cross was encouraging a supine Donald to hold up his arm.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!