From: brian whatcott [mailto:inet@INTELLISYS.NET]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 9:21 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: BA and MA Degrees in Astrology! What Are They Smoking in
Seattle ?

At 12:38 7/7/01 -0700, Mark Shapiro wrote:
Dear Phys-L Folks,

It might amuse you to learn that the Higher Education Coordinating
Board of the State of Washington has approved the granting of BA and MA
degrees in astrology by Kepler College of Astrological Arts and Sciences.

See what The Irascible Professor has to say about this travesty at

http://members.home.net/mshapiro2/comments-7-7-01.htm

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
http://www.IrascibleProfessor.com

I expect the Irascible Professor reviewed the sometimes worrying
correlations of birthdate (birth signs, if you will) and occupational
choice outcomes studied by the feckless academics who should have
realised they would be excoriated for their actions?

I know that someone dedicated to the scientific method
would not stoop to condemn before considering the evidence:
after all, to do otherwise would be to indulge in mumbo-jumbo -
taking part in a witch craft trial, so to speak.
:-)

Which reminds me: has anyone been peeking at Rowling's runaway
best seller novels concerning the school days of an unusually
talented boy, Harry Potter, at a private school dedicated to
training in some unusual skills?
The detail is evocative of the British public school ..ah..
I meant private school system, painted in loving detail.
Invisibility cloak, anyone?

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!