Re: 'Tis the Season to be Noisy.

At 16:34 7/1/01 -0400, Chuck Britton wrote:
Interesting!

Is the can ruptured by the blast?

If so where?

On general principle I would expect the flat top to go first, then
the sidewall along a straight line, but in fact I did not examine
the aftermath closely, but I shall observe and report.

If not, is the concave bottom now convex? I take it that the can was
upright when lit.

The can was upright, and I will report on the deformations.

... take a coke can one third full of water,
and place in it, a lit "depth charge". [This is a waterproof black cat
style banger of 5 X 0.5 cm L X D]

The can takes off to an altitude of 2 or 3 meters. There is a little
spray of liquid too. How does this work, would you say?

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!