Re: Conferring its nature (was "are normal ...?")

Ok, I goofed; electrostatic and gravitational forces (in a system
of two point-like positively charged objects), alone, could not
produce a potential minimum. Thanks JohnD.

What evidence do we have to argue that the gravitational 1/r^2
law would be applicable, for example, to two tiny black holes
ready to swallow each other?

Consider two positively charged objects which attract each
other gravitationally. An equilibrium will be established
when attractive and repulsive forces are equal.

Really? How is it that two forces that are initially unequal
later become equal, when both follow the 1/r^2 law?

Chuck Britton asked:

One object could the usual charged point particle and the
other could be a charged non-conducting ring? Wouldn't THAT
sattisfy Ludwik's point?

In my opinion the answer is NO. If the 1/r^2 laws are valid then
the magnitude of the net electric force is equal to the magnitude
of the net gravitational force at any distance, even when the
point-like particle is in the center of the ring (0=0).
Ludwik Kowalski