Re: Assorted Antique Meters to Give Away

Dear List:

A friend forwarded Ivan Rouse's recent message to me,
regarding the surplus electrical equipment. I'm not a member of this
list, but Ivan's message has inspired me to write.

I collect instruments related to astronomy -- from the small
to the very large. I'm also keen on optics in general. Much of my
collection has been acquired surplus from schools, often in trades.
Depending upon what the school wants, typically I exchange new
equipment for old.

If anyone has surplus astronomical and/or optical equipment,
I'll be glad to hear from you. Also, even if you have equipment that
you DON'T want to trade, but for which you need restoration advice or
historical information, etc., I'll be glad to know, in case I can
volunteer something helpful.

Please contact me at: jwb@hale.yerkes.uchicago.edu

Yours truly,

--John W. Briggs.
John W. Briggs
University of Chicago Engineering Center,
Yerkes Observatory

[Deployed at] National Solar Observatory Voice: 505-434-7098
Sunspot, NM 88349 Fax: 505-434-7029

Forwarded by:
Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner