Re: Conservation of ME and nonconservative forces

We have an Aluminum "v" channel "roller-coaster" type "loop the loop" device.
We discovered that we could make the device more nearly match the "no
frictional losses" approximation by gluing fine sand paper in the trough so
that the distance the ball slid before starting to roll was minimized.

Jim Goff
Tucson, AZPima Community College