PUMAS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:48:45 -0500
From: Elizabeth Roettger <eroettge@condor.depaul.edu>
To: AETS <aets-l@unr.edu>
Subject: Fwd: PUMAS

A request for the online refereed journal, Practical Uses of Math and
Science. If you have submissions, please consider writing them for the
journal.

If you have less-defined examples or if you have requests, I'd be happy to
pass them on to listserves of the sort of people who might be able to fill
those requests or flesh out the examples, but who need inspiration. Or
challenges.
-Elizabeth

We are looking for new submittals from scientists and engineers for
Practical Uses of Math And Science -- PUMAS (poo' ? mas) -- a collection
of one-page examples of how math and science topics taught in K-12 classes
can be used in interesting settings, including everyday life. The examples
are written primarily by scientists and engineers, and are available to
teachers, students, and other interested parties via the PUMAS Web Site.
Our goal is to capture, for science education, the flavor of the vast
experience that working scientists have with interesting and practical
uses of math and science... See http://pumas.jpl.nasa.gov for examples and
information on how to submit your practical use of math and science.

Elizabeth E. Roettger, Ph.D Post: E. Roettger
Space Science Center for Education DePaul University
& Outreach, DePaul University 990 W. Fullerton, rm 4407
http://analyzer.depaul.edu/NASABroker/ Chicago, IL 60614
phone: 773-325-4544 *FAX: 773-325-4781* eroettge@condor.depaul.edu