Re: AAPT meeting

David Strasburger wrote:

. Ordinarily I have
pretty low expectations for conferences. I'm making this trip to get
practical, technical advice relating to two curricular projects I have
already in the works. I like to meet colleagues, but I like it better
when they are local. It's rare that I go to big teachers' meeting and
rarer still that I come away inspired, but it _has_ happened....

Dear David,

I have invariably found AAPT meetings to be highly inspirational. I
have been to a tremendous number of talks that have given me great
ideas for my classes. The only frustration I have experienced at an
AAPT meeting is that there can be two or more interesting talks
scheduled at once! I strongly encourage you to make the trek to
Rochester if you can.

Cheers,
Roger Freedman

Roger A. Freedman
Department of Physics and College of Creative Studies
University of California, Santa Barbara

Mailing address:
Department of Physics
UCSB
Santa Barbara CA 93106-9530

E-mail: airboy@physics.ucsb.edu
WWW: http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~airboy/
Voice: (805) 893-2345
FAX: (805) 893-3307

For help with learning or teaching astronomy, please visit
http://www.whfreeman.com/universe6e/
For help with learning or teaching physics, please visit
http://occ.awlonline.com/bookbind/pubbooks/young_awl/