Re: 4/3 problem resolution/Action-reaction paradox in pdf format

At 10:54 PM -0700 6/18/01, David Rutherford, you wrote about Re: 4/3
problem resolution/Action-reaction paradox in p:

This does not make a frame inertial!

Bob, I'm surprised at you :-). This is high school stuff. In the absence of
external forces, since the net change in the momenta of the particles is
zero in the CM frame, the motion of the center of mass of the particles is
constant (or zero), i.e., inertial.

Please feel free to ignore this intrusion into your discussion.

I dunno if this comment is relevant to the present exchange - BUT,
I've got to wonder if there is an assumption here (explicit or
implicit) that the net charge of the (relevant) universe is zero. If
so, then the 'field lines' of these two electrons are securely
attached to some (+) charge whose motion is unknown.

If the net charge of the 'relevant' universe IS unbalanced, what CAN
we say about the E field(s) of these electrons????

--