Re: Pre-med physics in practice

At 10:41 6/18/01 -0600, Jim Green upbraided me like this:

We have a physician's word that this effect does not occur. Why not?

Good grief!
///
BTW I have commonly given the cuff position question on the final to
classes of nurses. Physics should be a required course for all medical
people -- it is the only place they will learn some of the important stuff
-- levers, sound, nerve conduction, thermo, fluids, nuclear radiation -- if
this is left to med or nursing school, they will get the silly stuff that
physicians and others offer in their columns.

And that some physicists assume is true!

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen

I see here displayed the amusing paradox that a physician wrongly cites
hydraulics as ensuring arterial pressure head variation does not occur,
and a physicist wrongly cites hydraulic head as responsible for any
pressure head variation that does occur!

Hint: Jim, don't disturb yourself: you know how bad that is for your
blood pressure. <grin>

Hint2: Heard about white coat effect?

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!