From: Charles R. Crook [mailto:ccrook@PEN.K12.VA.US]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 10:51 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: e/m apparatus recommendations?

The tube has gone bad in our ancient Sargent-Welch 623A specific charge
of the electron (e/m) apparatus, and replacements are apparently no
longer available. Being one of the few atomic & nuclear physics labs
that are practical in a small lab, I'd like to continue to do this lab,
but that means I'm in the market for a new apparatus.

. . .

Given that I'd have to coordinate schedules and borrow high voltage
power supplies from the electronics lab, I'm inclined to think that
either the Daedalon or Pacific units would be my best bets. Do any of
you have experience with either of these units? If so, any constructive
reviews and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Charles Crook