Re: Physics2000

Rick Tarara wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Tarara [mailto:rbtarara@SPRYNET.COM]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 12:47 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Physics2000

----- Original Message -----

(Speaking of CDs, what do you think of the ThinkWell
project?)

While I'm impressed, I've heard from others who have tried other versions
of
this kind of 'text', that it is all but impossible to get students to
really
use it! They want the 'live' person to lecture, do the demos, and run the
tutorials.

And, from my experience, they often also want the instructor to show them in
detail how to do all possible homework and exam problems.

"To succeed in the world it is not enough to
be stupid. You must also be well mannered."
- Voltaire
George Spagna
Department of Physics
Randolph-Macon College