Denmark and wind generation

Just one more note on this to emphasize what I keep harping about--total
energy versus electrical energy. Looks like Denmark is a heavily electrical
country--about 23%, but that still means that at their current 13% use of
wind generation for electricity, wind only provides 3% of Denmark's total
energy needs. Even at the 50% goal, it will be less than 12% of the total.
By the way, does anyone know how their planned system accounts for a day
with little or no wind--or is that not a likelihood due to the locations of
the generators?

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Associate Professor of Physics
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
219-284-4664
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE Physics Instructional Software
www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara

Win9.x, WinNT/2000, Win3.x, Dos, Mac, and PowerMac
New: Updated versions of the Energy Simulators
Windows and Mac CD-ROMs now available.