Re: Fuel Cells and "green" energy

In my mind, while these effects aren't negligible they tend to be smaller
than many other alternatives; so I'm gathering there are some significant
effects I haven't thought of.

The damage to the environment is clearly in the eye of the beholder -- and
where the beholder lives. There are many who eagerly await a longer
growing season for example. MY greatest fear is that we end up with those
ugly windmills on every hill -- with a whomp whomp whomp whomp as I go to
sleep.

Now if we can get H2 from a solar induced reaction, that is good -- unless
of course CO or CO2 is produced at the same time.

My feeling is that in the long run there is no way around the Second Law.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen