Re: Would you like to share some data?

At 15:26 6/5/01 -0700, Ken Murray wrote:
My students would like to measure the size of this planet with a
length-of-shadow measurement (a variation on Eratosthenes's observations).
We would measure the shadow angle of a vertical metre stick
/snip/
Ken Murray

It's an interesting detail of the experiment to decide how the
verticality of the sun stick should be verified.
I've heard mention of a windshielded tray of water at the foot,
using the eye's perception of the straightness of the stick
compared to its reflection.
A windshielded plumb bob seems to have possibilities too.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!