Re: quantum mechanics of small objects

Cliff Parker

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think. Niels Bohr
----- Original Message -----
From: "John S. Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: quantum mechanics of small objects

At 04:04 PM 5/23/01 -0500, cliff parker wrote:
Wouldn't the infinitely small volume of the singularity of a black hole
require the position of any object that is part of that black hole to
have a
fixed and known position?

No.

Compare:
-- Knowing _where_ something is, and
-- Knowing _how big_ it is.

Those are just completely different concepts.

I think I get your point. Lets see. If I know a hydrogen atom has entered
the singularity of a black hole I know it is in that singularity but I still
do not know precisely where the singularity is located and therefore I do
not know where the hydrogen atom is located.