Re: Don't ask Marilyn

I find her more glaring physics gaffs to be good material for my High
School students to read critically and respond to. They are trained
not to accept 'Authority Figures' and her columns help me drive that
point home.

To be fair - she WILL admit it when her answer is directly refuted by
academic authority.

It was in the late '70's that she totally screwed up the relative
damage done to a car that either collides headon with an identical
car or with a massive abutment. She blew the KE analysis but did
admit the mistake later.

At 10:20 AM -0700 5/22/01, John Mallinckrodt, you wrote about Re:
Don't ask Marilyn:

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Spagna Jr., George wrote:

> Perhaps we should extend a "don't ask, don't tell" policy to Ms.
Vos Savant?
> Personally, I read her column about as often as I check my horoscope, which
> is to say, not at all!

Probably just as well, but I don't think we have to be puritanical
about it. I even listen to Rush Limbaugh sometimes.

Know thy enemy.

britton@ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936