Re: SR examination question

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Jack Uretsky wrote:

I see no problem with the question. I will translate it as
follows: The muon has a lifetime of about 1 microsec (\mu_s). A
beam of muons passes through my detector with a speed of 0.9c. What
lifetime do I measure for the muons?

This is a reasonable question. Therefore, it must logically be a
mistranslation of the original unreasonable question. Indeed, a
proper translation would read:

The muon has a lifetime of about 1 microsec (\mu_s). A beam of
muons passes through my detector with a speed of 0.9c. During the
lifetime of a muon, how much time passes on my clock?