Structured Curriculum in Chicago

Howdy-

The Chicago Public Schools has posted a curriculum guide for the first
semester of an introductory physics class. The outline includes all the
topics that are required and many possible activities for each topic. It
standardizes nomenclature and endorses particular mathematical approaches to
some problems (like conversions). Students are assumed to have learned these
topics by the end of the first semester.

The information is not text. It is assumed that the reader is already
familiar with physics and teaching. It is mostly teacher notes and
standardization. Although it seems that teachers in CPS are not required to
follow the outline activity-by-activity, they are encouraged to use this
structured curriculum.

http://intranet.cps.k12.il.us/Lessons/StructuredCurriculumTOC/SCScience/HS_P
hysics_Daily_Lessons_/SCSCPH1/scscph1.html

If you are having trouble getting to the web site because of the extra long
URL, just try

http://intranet.cps.k12.il.us/Lessons

I am not a public teacher, don't live in Chicago, and I teach a course much
closer to Bloomfield's How Things Work than a traditional physics class.
Still, I thought that you all might be interested in what one of the largest
school districts is doing.