Re: astrology is not a science

mike sloothaak set L DIG wrote:

I can only applaude astrology bashing, but there seems a bit of
ethnocentrism going on here. Where is the petition to stop government
grants, scholarships, and student loans that support the academic study of
the new and old testaments? I'd be quite willing to sign that one, too.

Why? I don't see that personal religious conviction (or lack thereof if
you prefer) should dictate what can be studied. I do not censor the
study of all kinds of things I do not believe in. I didn't see any
ethnocentrism here, rather a request for scientists to respond to the
idea that astrology is a science. Were it it being promoted in a
department such as Religious Studies I doubt we would have seen the
petition request here.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html