Passing Exams

At West Point, though the curriculum is no longer strictly
Engineering, the training is said to feature good measures of math
and science. I heard of a tradition there, that when the outcome of an
exam is in doubt, prospectively spinning the rowel on the heel of a
celebrated general's statue, at midnight in full dress uniform on the eve
of an exam, can make a decisive difference.

Reminds me of the paraphrase, "give me a lucky general,
if there's a choice..."

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!