Manners?

Not physics, I know, but as it relates to our teaching:

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Michael Edmiston wrote:

Many of my colleagues have also commented about the complete lack of
manners among students these days.
Although I agree as to the dearth of manners, I don't think the lack is
limited to students. I've found it widespread among colleagues,
administrators, folks whose behavior affects my ability to do my job
efficiently and effectively. Worst for me is folks on whom I rely, who
simply don't do their jobs and refuse to respond to inquiries or appeals
for assistance.
And there doesn't seem to be any recourse; descending to the level of
the discourteous just re-enforces their behaviors, and refusing to do so
doesn't seem to have any impact.