HOW MANY TIMES?

How many times per year, on the average, were you reminded
by a superior (chairperson, dean or college president) not to
pass students who do not perform satisfactory (as defined by
goals and expectations of your courses)?

In more that 30 years of service I was NEVER instructed to
fail students who did not know a certain percentage of what
was expected. Is my university exceptional in leaving this
matter entirely up to me? I was a chairman (for three years)
and I never told my 14 teachers how to deal with students
whose performance was less than satisfactory. Why didn't I?
Because I did not feel it was part of my business. I assumed
that each teacher was the best decision maker.
Ludwik Kowalski