Re: Good lectures

Howdy-

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Rogoway [mailto:rogoway@SJM.INFI.NET]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 10:49 AM

"excuse me, I'm not done and I'd appreciate your
attention. The class is over when I dismiss you."

Actually, this assessment is a pet peeve of mine. I say, "Class is over when
the time is expired or when I have dismissed them, whichever comes first." I
had a college professor who went over his time ever time we met. He
explained that he just wanted to make sure we were getting our money's
worth. Still, this made me late to my next class. Why should I not treat my
next class with the same respect as the class that came before?

We are teachers, not gods. If I can't get my act together and finish when I
am supposed to, that is my problem, not my students. I will not hold my
students long in the same way I hope that my colleagues will behave the
same.

Marc Kossover