Re: Good lectures

This is one of a group of "classroom research" tools you can use to find
out what is happening in your class. I'm not sure that the 1 min
question works well in physics, since not everythingis patently obvious
to the most casual observer, and may require some thought.

Others can be found in the books by Tom D'Angelo...the idea originally
came from Pat Cross.

cheers,

joe

On Fri, 4 May
2001, Jim Ealy wrote:

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
I have this problem with my college students
sometimes.
A number of years ago I heard about the one minute paper at the end of
class. Where students are asked to spend one minute in reflection about
the class. List any thing that was well done or that they are still
confused about. I read these and then I spend the first part of the next
period clearing up anything that needs to be.

works in HS as well. Need a thick skin at first - but well worth it.

jim ealy
Education by Demonstration

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. 219-284-4662
Associate Professor of Physics