Re: Good lectures

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
I have this problem with my college students
sometimes.
A number of years ago I heard about the one minute paper at the end of
class. Where students are asked to spend one minute in reflection about
the class. List any thing that was well done or that they are still
confused about. I read these and then I spend the first part of the next
period clearing up anything that needs to be.

works in HS as well. Need a thick skin at first - but well worth it.

jim ealy
Education by Demonstration