Re: Fresnel lens image

I think that Wolfgang has it right. Kodak has come a long way from
their first static, 3-D images that they made back in the '60's. My
dad had friends at the Tennessee Eastman Kodak location and we had
some 'sample' images made with their truck mounted camera. (Even one
that the Pope sat for in the Vatican!)

The ridges of plastic ran vertically across the image(s). I could
count only five distinct 'frames' in these early shots. Current ones
are WAY more spectacular. (see the Kodak site). Instead of 'slicing'
a set of photos, a collection of lens is used and the film is covered
by a 'complementary' set of refracting lenses. I'm sure there is some
great optics involved here.