Re: AP Students

At 10:41 AM 4/23/01 -0700, Mike Ugawa wrote:
From a PRACTICAL point of view, what matters is that the assessment is
properly
matched to the approach used in the course.

If that means what it appears to mean, it seems really backwards to me.

For any given course, no matter how preposterous the approach, you can
design an assessment that is so "properly matched" that it makes the course
look good.

If we want to be really "PRACTICAL", we should
a) figure out what really matters to the students, and then
b) design courses and assessments around that.

If I understand Jack correctly, he's pointing out that we haven't yet done
a good job on step (a).