Re: Latin

I purposely wrote a latin form to be cute. However, I'm very rankled when
I read or hear apparati, vacuums, forums, etc. Since Latin is no longer
taught, gradually latin words are becoming "anglicized." Apparatus,
apparatuses, agenda, agendas, and agendums are now standard!! And some of
us forget in which declension the word belongs.

P.s. Very useful: http://language.perl.com/misc/virus.html
P.p.s. Still more literally: concerning taste, (there) is no arguing. The
supreme court ruled there is no litigating about taste also.

"John S. Denker" wrote:

Joel Rauber wrote

"De gustibus non disputandum"

At 11:00 AM 4/19/01 -0500, Steven T. Ratliff asked:
What is the English translation?

The corresponding English proverb is:
"There's no accounting for taste".

Somewhat more literally:
"No arguing about taste"

And by the way.... The plural of "computer virus" is "computer viruses".