Internet: str@nwc.edu (or stratliff@nwc.edu)

"RAUBER, JOEL" <JOEL_RAUBER@SDSTATE.EDU>
Sent by: "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators" <PHYS-L
04/19/01 11:00 AM
Please respond to "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators"

To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
cc:
Subject: Re: Latin

Thanks to all who corrected my Latin.

To lurkers, don't be afraid to post, even when ignorant; I sure wasn't
here!
:-)

I was trying to remember a quote that I like and have only heard orally
and
never written. I also represent a new generation of student who haven't
ever really studied latin. (Actually, I come from an era that marks a
rough
boundary, my parents managed to coerce me into one year of high school
latin, most of which was long forgotten. The next year my high school
quit
offering in latin, so Latin II was never taken.)

Let me see if I have a consensus of opinion here on the quote:

"De gustibus non disputandum"

is the "most" (standard) correct way of writing this Latin proverb?

Joel Rauber