Re: overheads (was: Meters for lecture hall)

I'd much rather live with a document camera than deal with keystoning problems
that overheads present.

sam

Larry Smith wrote:

At 10:02 AM -0400 4/18/01, Michael Edmiston wrote:

Therefore I am completely aware that the cost of using TV cameras in class
is prohibiting some people from doing it. However, I maintain it will
eventually replace the "overhead projector" and I have decided not to invest
any more of my effort into tools for overhead projectors.

My comments have nothing to do with projection meters per se, but aside
from the cost, there is another reason I think overhead projectors won't be
replaced by TV cameras or document cameras: the overhead projectors have a
much greater resolution. I love my document camera (Elmo) for many things
and use it often. It has some flexibility overhead projectors don't (for
example I teach HP calculators by putting the calculator on the Elmo), but
for fine detail diagrams I've yet to find anything as good, cheap, and
convenient as the overhead transparencies.

Larry