Re: mass versus radiation resistance

In a message dated 4/10/01 9:03:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jsd@MONMOUTH.COM
writes:

<<
No.

At 06:09 AM 4/10/01 -0500, brian whatcott wrote:

a dissipative effect is not restorative

I agree radiation resistance is dissipative. I'm not quite sure what
"restorative" means, but I imagine radiation resistance doesn't "restore"
anything under the usual conditions (low temperature et cetera).

That's why the answer to Bob's question is yes, not no.

Thank you John. I responded to Brian's post before got to your post but I am
glad to see that you agree with what I said. It did seem an unavoidable
consequence of what you said. BTW in the mean time I found more info on this
interesting subject and you might notice I did figure out what you were
saying about minimizing radiation resistance by keeping the acceleration low.
You post has been very helpful in dispelling many of my misconceptions on
this subject. Thanks.

Bob Zannelli