Re: Question About Charged Particles.

On 4/7/01 at 1:14:05 PM EDT, Jim Green wrote with a certain well-founded
vexation:

<< What on Earth have electrical charge and color charge and weak charge have
to do with each other??? What gives rise to comparisons between color and
Coulomb -- other than at some point some odd fellow (or lady, I don't
remember) used the English word "charge" for all three cases? Isn't this
discussion just complicated by physics cuteness?

At 15:30 4/7/01 EDT Bob, running visibly towards the limits of his
patience, responds:

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A CHARGED PARTICLE TO HAVE ZERO REST MASS?

Bob Zannelli

No. There is a mass associated with unit charge of plus or minus
9.1E-31 kg about at least, and possibly 207 times greater.

(It will be much more productive to round on me, than on each other :-)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!