Re: References? (was Re: Global Warming)

I'm pretty confident that the Globe will survive the next few
warming/cooling cycles.

It's the various organism ON the globe that will have to adapt.

0You are likely quite right. But I do not see compelling evidence that we
humans can do much about this. Glacial periods have been occurring for a
whole bunch of years -- since long before humankind.

But even on the short term -- a period of a century or two -- could someone
please say what the _net_ worldwide harm would be from any competently
projected so called global warming. OK maybe the people of Bangladesh and
Miami (It is hard to tell the difference) would get ticked, but the people
of Siberia and Canada (Its hard to tell the difference) would be delighted.

The net grief might be <0.

The main question here is "What should we physicists do about this issue?"

Anything?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen