CO2

Wouldn't a combination of scrubbing plus a bit of
inorganic chemistry be a better way to deal with CO2
emissions from fixed sources? That way, we'd be
storing (LOTS) of an insoluble carbonate instead of
hoping that LCO2 would stay put on the ocean floor.
Also, I'm not so sure we should be willing to
sacrifice the bacteria that live in abyssal regions.
Decomposers are very important to the health of
ecosystems, even those that are out of sight. John Barrere