Re: Make-before-break switch

At 1:12 PM -0400 4/2/01, Eugene Mosca, you wrote about
Make-before-break switch:

I am looking for a good photo of a single-pole double-throw
make-before-break switch. (Make before break means that when the switch is
thrown an electrical connection is made between the pole and the new contact
before the connection with the old contact is broken.) Does anyone know
where I can find such a switch, or a photo of one?

Gene

I BELIEVE that I have some DPDT switches (from IBM surplus) that have
internal connections to achieve your need. Yes, I know you specified
SPDT but these can be WIRED to SPDT. As far a photo goes, it looks
pretty much like your generic 120VAC, 15 A DPDT switch with six lugs.

britton@ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936