Power distribution panel problem

Our physics lab has a central panel that distributes regulated DC to the lab
benches. It was built for us by Hampden Engineering in about 1972 and has
worked perfectly until today. Now suddenly the output of one of the 15-volt
regulated power supplies will only go up to about half a volt when the
variac is turned up all the way (with no load), as indicated by its own
meter.

Before starting to pursue this problem, I'm wondering if any of you have had
experience troubleshooting or repairing such devices and could offer any
suggestions.
Fred Lemmerhirt
Waubonsee Community College
Sugar Grove, Illinois