Re: Expanding Universe

-0800, Roger Freedman wrote:

There are actually three types of wavelength shift:

* Cosmological redshifts
* Doppler shifts
* Gravitational redshifts

The distinction between the gravitational redshift and the other two
categories is clear. The distinction between the other two categories is
rather subtle. This distinction has been repeatedly asserted in recent
postings, but it has not been explained. In particular, the following is a
mere assertion, *not* an explanation: