Re: Expanding Universe

A useful set of articles about Big Bang cosmology from Sky &
Telescope and Astronomy magazines can be found at

http://www.itss.raytheon.com/cafe/cosm/cosmol.html

The article "The Cosmological Redshift Explained" is
probably the most relevant to Tim's question.

Roger,
Let me clarify something after reading this article.
There is limited Doppler Redshift for bodies that are close
to ours, but most of the redshift we see is due to
gravitational effects. Is that correct or did I read
something else into this article?
Thanks,

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur