Re: Expanding Universe

In a message dated 3/19/01 3:36:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, jlu@HEP.ANL.GOV
writes:

<< Hi-
Weinberg, in his book on gravitation, emphasizes that the
Hubble redshift is not a Doppler shift, a point that has escaped
some of the discussion on this forum. You might look at his
discussion for help.
Regards,
Jack >>
Jack not having access to the source you mention I wasn't able to get any
information on what Weinberg is talking about. I always thought it was pretty
uncontroversial that the red shift is a Doppler effect. Could you enlarge on
what Weinberg is saying?

Bob Zannelli