Re: on computers in the classroom

<-----Original Message-----
<From: phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators
<[mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu]On Behalf Of Hugh Haskell
<Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 1:32 PM
<To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
<Subject: Re: on computers in the classroom
<
<Hugh Haskell wrote, regarding printing of class materials:
<
<[snip]
<
<The only problem that I see with that is the strain on the
<printing capability on campus if everybody in a large class decides
<to print a handout because it is still true that it is easier to read
<something on paper than it is on screen. We are still debating over
<that.
<<

My experience was that students tended to NOT print out handouts during class
because of the delay--they read it on screen. Some did print it out later, but
remember that printing a copy on a laser printer is typically no more
expensive that printing a xerox copy.

The nice thing was that I didn't' have to come up with additional copies a few
days later, as the material was always available, and everyone knew just where
it was.

JEG