Re: funny capacitor (SPACE CHARGE)

Hi Bob:
I think that by putting the enclosure far away from where
the conductors are, and by "grounding it", I would force
my program to do exactly the same thing as you did. With
an enclosure which is not far away it is a different problem,
as you indicated. The problem of efficiency was totally
ignored to emphasize the essential steps.

In an earlier electrostatic thread, JohnD was mentionning
space chages. Can my little universe be set up to illustrate
a situation in which a space charge is part of the solution?
If so then please describe the setup for my 400 cells.
Ludwik Kowalski

Bob Sciamanda wrote:..

....But the other difference I want to point out is that I
omitted the container (really doing a different problem:
a set of localized conductors in unbounded space). I
defined the potentials only on the conductors and
then applied the averaging algorithm to all other cells -
including the boundaries of the region of calculation. ...