Re: funny capacitor (EUREKA ?)

I wrote:
> 1) What I call the potential most certainly is work per unit charge.
> 2) It is a potential in the mathematical sense.
> 3) It is agrees completely with what Feynman calls "the electric
> potential" in section 4-3 of Volume II. He says (at the end of the
> section) that it is measured relative to "some reference point".

I wish that in item (1) I had said "energy per unit charge" rather than
"work per unit charge". Many people take "work" to mean a difference in
energy. Since we are apparently discussing how to think about absolute
potential versus differences in potential, I wish I had been more careful
about absolute energy versus differences in energy.